For Your Daily Dose of MbA

Microblog on Facebook so follow today :)



AMASHIWI

"Culture is the heritage of us all. some may be more interested than others in the treasures of the past, but no one can fail to take a pride in his country's participation in the story of mankind, as represented in carvings, sculpture, music, paintings and the other arts. And there is a personal commitment to this, for no man can really say he is alone: we are all joined through our identity, with the cultures which are part of the mainstream of life"
- Simon Kapwepwe, Zambian Independence Freedom Fighter

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm" - Winston Churchill

"Try to be the rainbow in someone else's cloud" - Maya Angelou

"Your time is limited so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinion drown out your inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition" - Steve Jobs








Tuesday 27 October 2015

Proudly Zambian InstaStoryteller

This dress was originally a Men's XL shirt that was trimmed with Zambeef Zamleathe &  turned
into a shirt dress by designer Musha and styled by Mafashio. This picture was taken
during the Livingstone leg of #ZambeefInYourTown. Photo credit PR Girl
I joined Instagram this year, and have found it to be a great way to be a visual storyteller beyond the realm of film, as well as an awesome possum way to document life in Zambia and/ or during my travels.

Twit Tuesday will have to evolve from just Twitter stuff I want to post on the blog, to curating anything on social media where I microblog, so Facebook will be included too henceforth.

Thought I would introduce my instapix through the life changing national tour that Zambeef sponsored. I always dreamed e18hteam would get to be seen by Zambians both in urban AND rural areas, as the story of the Chipolopolo is that of Zambia.  It belongs to all of her citizens and so it was only right I find a way for them to see it.  The sponsorship ensured that a cinetruck took it to them on the big screen for free!  I got to travel the country again, and during my sojourns, this peripatetic turned amateur photographer documented life around Zambia.  I also fulfilled a personal goal of visiting all ten provinces, as during my stint as TV Presenter, I only managed to get my total up to eight. I finally made it to Western and Luapula Provinces. It was a real privilege, and the warmth of the people and their embracing of the film with open arms will stay with me forever.

Hard to do, but I picked my favourite photo from each leg of the trip:

Kabwe, Central Province


Chingola, Copperbelt Province (Kopala)

A photo posted by Ngosa Whoopi Chungu (@whoops.c) on

Kitwe, Copperbelt Province (Kopala)

A photo posted by Ngosa Whoopi Chungu (@whoops.c) on

Kaoma, Western Province (Kwa Hae)


Mongu, Western Province (Kwa Hae)


Choma, Southern Province

A photo posted by Ngosa Whoopi Chungu (@whoops.c) on

Livingstone, Southern Province

A photo posted by Ngosa Whoopi Chungu (@whoops.c) on  

Chipata, Eastern Province


Mansa, Luapula Province


Lusaka, Lusaka Province (Capital City of Zambia)

A photo posted by Ngosa Whoopi Chungu (@whoops.c) on

Chongwe, Lusaka Province

A photo posted by Ngosa Whoopi Chungu (@whoops.c) on  

For more pictures check out me out on Instagram and live tweeted documentation of trip has been curated in #ZambeefInYourTown.

For more about my journey this year and to keep up-to-date with everything going on with the film, as well my other projects in Zambia and globally, follow me on Facebook  too.

No comments:

Post a Comment